Image Map

February 26, 2012

A Pretty Baby Shower

Happy Sunday y'all! 
 It has been a jam packed week over here with all the baby shower planning.  But yesterday was the day and we had such a lovely time.  So I just wanted to share some of the fun things I made to put this party together. I don't have a lot of photos because playing the hostess makes it hard to pick up a camera.
My friend Laura made these amazing cupcakes...they are SO GOOD! And I love that the cupcake picks were really tall.  I like the look.  I made them from a curtain panel I thrifted and some buttons.
I know you have seen me do a paper doily garland before but maybe it is still exciting since I added buttons? Hmmm...
Yes.  Yes, I believe it is in fact thrilling to see a paper doily garland and now with added buttons.  
I made this with bakers twine and double sided tape.  So easy.  And I used what I had on hand to cut costs too.  Thrifty and thrilling.  Oh yeah.
 
This was the only decent shot (even with an arm in the pic and looking a tad overexposed) I got of the embroidery hoop art hung over the fireplace.  Thought you might want a peek. :)
This is my BFF opening my gift to her. I am smitten with this diaper/messenger bag from the etsy shop, ikabags. I love, love these bags and I am so getting one for me! Here are some of my favorites...
Stripes make me ridiculously happy.
The shop is from France so you will pay extra for shipping but the quality of these handmade bags are amazing!  I love them and wished I owned about 10 of them.

Now back to other party details...:)
I made these cards for all the guests to write a prayer, blessing, or well wishing for the baby and Kelly. They are made with scrapbook paper and embellished with bakers twine and buttons.  I had so much fun making these!
I found the frame on the side of the road ready for the trash during a little ride to look at Christmas lights back in December. Since my arm is still weak, I had my husband do the work of sanding, painting and adding the chicken wire to the frame. Then I just hung the cards with little wood clothespins.
Here are a bunch filled out.  Aren't they so pretty like this?
The favors waiting by the front door were 4 oz mason jars filled with sugar scrub.  A friend and I put these together and made two batches to fill 24 jars.  One batch (doubled the original recipe) was 5 cups of sugar, 2 cups of olive oil, and 8 tablespoons of lemon juice. I got the recipe from Stephanie Lynn over at Under the Table and Dreaming. Her original recipe makes 12 oz so we just doubled it to save time.
I would have tied them up with string and pretty labels but with around 22 women there, I was just plain done in!  And I figured the pretty tops were enough. :)

So happy I got to share this with all of you wonderful friends.  
Have a fabulous day!
P.S. Sometime today or tomorrow, check out sweet Kimberly's blog who will be doing a series on parties all week.  A great bunch of bloggers are sharing tips and tricks and I think some of my ideas will be included today.. 
Go check it out!:)



17 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I love your baby shower! Everything looks so pretty! I love the little cards you made for guests to write on! So pretty! And I love the lemon sugar scrub as a take home favour! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby shower! Everything is just so darn cute! I adore those tall cupcake decorations. And you've got me thinking about making my own paper doily garland...thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k. I'm just drooling over all this! That doily banner is to-die-for! I'm so gonna make some tiny ones to use as props for my shop photos. Those cupcakes look delicious. The cards you made are the cutest thing ever!You are seriously the most creative person in the world. Can you throw parties for me? lol! You should start some kid of "crafty" party company. Make do-it-yourself kits and sell them!I also want one of those purses now. Oh, man!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, The Embroidery Hoop Art is amazing. Your friend is blessed to have such a sweet friend to give her such a nice shower. I love all the details. The cupcakes with the tule windmills are adorable. I love it all. I just noticed you are a FL girl too. I live in West Central Area close to Tampa.
    Thanks for sharing all the loveliness of this day.
    Smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfectly beautiful shower. Love all the pretty details. One ??? for you, I have made that lemon scrub before and I think you may have wrote it wrong on this post? On Stephanie's blog it is 2 1/2 cups sugar to 1 cup olive oil. Thought you might want to know :) I love reading your blog and seeing the pretty things you come up with. I especially loved the sweet little notecards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexis, thank you! I actually wrote it correctly but did not clarify that I DOUBLED one batch. You are the best and I will fix that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable shower!! You did an amazing job as always Jessica!! LOVE those bags too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok... on your post it says 5 cups of OLIVE OIL to 2 cups of SUGAR and 8 T lemon juice. On the original blog for the lemon scrub the recipe says "2 1/2 cups SUGAR to 1 cup OLIVE OIL" So if it were doubled it would be 5 cups of SUGAR to 2 cups OLIVE OIL. You just have the sugar and olive oil mixed up... I'm sure bug you with this but I guess I wasn't clear on my previous post and I'd hate for you to get a lot of emails about the scrub! Oh, and those bags are to die for. I think I know what I want for my birthday in a few months...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stumbled upon your blog (through Free Pretty Things) and I love it! I'm your newest follower! Such a sweet shower! I'm definitely going to make that rad doily(with buttons) bunting, so pretty! and those tags for the guests to write on, so thoughtful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just realized that I spied on you on my phone & never put my 200 cents in...

    Look at all your details!!! All handmade of course! & so inspiring! I was actually looking for a scrub recipe & lemon would be a good choice! I am so glad you blog & let us in on all these details! Even adding those buttons...PERFECT!!!! & I am DROOLING over those bags here....DROOLING! But my favorite part is the chicken wire! I love that piece! & how cool that you get to keep it in your home :) A gift for you! You are one smart lady! I wish I could peek through all the sweet messages....that is gonna be one loved baby I can just tell! I will pray for her & her om tonight right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl!
    I love all of this!
    (I think every little thing looks like something I've done or WOULD do! ... I think we might be the same person - haha!:-)
    I especially love your little cards -- SO cute!
    Hope all is well with you!
    ~Bec :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is just about the sweetest shower I have ever seen...pure joy. Happy March to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jessica, What an absolutely beautiful event... I can see your special touches on everything. Hope you are healed up. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. ps I am digging those bags BIGTIME

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is AMAZING! Those cards are so adorable and the sugar scrub is such a brilliant idea. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I love it all--the doily garland (brilliant!!), tall picks, cute jars of scrub, and darling cards for good wishes. Lovely!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. Best of luck if you try the no-sew pillow. FYI, the "pillowcase" can also work over a regular bolster pillow, but it bulges a little on the side due to the gathered fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!